Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My Grandma could have written novels during her retirement years


My Grandma Carter who retired from the Seattle School District in 1981 due to my Granddad Russ health issues she could have written many novels during her retirement.  While being Granddad Russ's care giver and after she has decided to continue to entertainment her children and grandchildren for years to come.  She had a room which was kind of an everything room in that Seattle house.  She did have a typewriter in the study which was an everything room.  Her grandchildren like myself to practice typing and back in 1994 when I was coming back from Olympia to Spokane due to fact I had a job interview in Lacey at Western Library Network.  I asked to have the interviewer sooner so I would not have come back from Spokane to the law firm of Preston, Gates and Ellis in their law library. I had two take two additional days off used that typewriter to prepare my resume.  Now also the Marion boys were not into auto mechanics like the rest of the grand kids.  We fit the true nerds of the family.  Fixing cars was not in the Marion DNA but making mischief was.  Her other grandchildren wondered if the Marion boys were the lost girl grandchildren she was looking for.  I was very close to Tammy who was the tomboy of the group.  The Marion boys would play Barbies with Karianne the others thought is was disgusting.  I guess that typewriter is kind of this blog 20 years prior to this existence.  Thanks Grandma for the inspiration now this blog 470 later been read over 85,000 times in the past 4 years.  It has also influenced many races in a four state region it serves.  It has been a joyful.  To think it started in a study in Seattle in the 1980's.  

No comments:

Post a Comment