Thursday, June 17, 2021

Alaska State Legislature has voted to DeFund Pick Click Give


 With the recent action of the State Senate and State House guess who will suffer the most that will be Alaska non profits.  Many people who have given to Alaska non profits in the past will not have that money to spare this year.  The legislatures voted to DeFund Pick Click Give.  I had to cut $25 from my normal $100 budget I use for pick click give.  Guess who was on the chopping block a Valdez Domestic violence shelter.  I will still give to them anyway just not through this program.  I will send a contribution anyway.  I have decided to continue my annual contribution to Big Brothers and Big Sisters Program, Northstar Community Foundation and World Eskimo Olympics.  The last two were chosen as my 2021 contribution to an Alaska non profits this year. 
Thanks Alaska State legislature you just voted to Defund Pick Click Give. 

No comments:

Post a Comment