Monday, January 4, 2016

Let's call this awesome Cle Elum landmark after a great local teacher

Cle Elum you have an awesome landmark which this awesome community has performances.  Robert Michel Nevills who actually like to be called Mike.  He taught many years in Cle Elum High School in Social Studies, Drama and English from the 1970's to around the 2000's.  He was most relaxed during my last quarter of Senior Year in Drama. The Vogue Theatre was actually his idea.  I am glad to see another teacher who was my Senior Class advisior Jim Miller continuing his work by directing local performances.  Let's keep the name the Vogue Theatre but below the name put the name Robert Michel Nevills below the Vogue in honor his commitment to the local Theater and Arts in the Upper Kittitas County.  Today, January 5, 2016 while sitting at a Dairy Queen with my dad I found that my late Granddad Marion's organ that use to be in the Living Room when you came into the main living room at my Grandma's house.  That organ was donated to the theater.  Top picture was in 1923 this theater was build originally as the Lane Theatre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment